Monday, March 1, 2010

A recap of the last few days...

On Sunday I officially began my adventure and exploration into organic eating with a bowl of Kashi Strawberry Crunch cereal and an ice-cold glass of organic milk. Although this was an easy meal, I knew that it would be one of the easiest parts of the week.


Even preparation was very challenging. After disheartening trips to Wal-Mart and Kroger to search for organic food, I decided that I must head down south to the Whole Foods Market in Nashville, Tenn. if I had hopes of getting an entire week's worth of only organic food.

Luckily, I had two of my great friends, Maggie and Maria Blair to go with me on this trip.

After millions of laughs, near tear experiences of searching for parking, witnessing two wrecks, almost being in one, hundreds of photos being taken, and nearly $200 being spent at the store, we headed back to Bowling Green with multiple bags of
organic food in tow!


We celebrated my last meal with very delicious sushi as I prepared to cast of all pesticides, herbicides, steroids, growth enhancers, and other non-natural items from my diet.

So far, it's been more challenging than I expected. I was unable to accompany my family to lunch after church as I normally do and the Chicken & Dumplin' soup that I ate, along with a baby green salad and saltine crackers, left me feeling empty and hungry for more. This
is when I realized that my body might not be very happy during this week, but I have hopes that it will adjust and grow to like healthier and less amounts of food!

I ended Sunday with a delicious pizza that left my stomach full. The whole grain crust, rich sauce, just right mozzarella, and zesty andouille sausage really hit the spot.

Despite having a major headache before bed, I felt good about the day's accomplishments and was excited about the days to come.

In the next few installments, I will continue to give you great insight into my exciting, healthy, natural, organic week!

Check out this slideshow of my trip to Whole Foods and for more pictures of the last few days!




0 comments:

Post a Comment